Thursday, April 9, 2009

Furnace Blower Motor - replacement

I recently discovered my furnace blower motor at my house was not spinning up properly. I decided to attempt to replace it myself. I have never worked on HVAC before but I have some computer/electronics experience. It was WAY easy than I ever thought it would be. Take photos of all connections on the circuit board to make things a snap to put back together. KILL ALL POWER AT BREAKER BOX BEFORE STARTING. Use a meter to ensure that the power is off. Disconnect everything. The Blower (on my unit) assembly will be held in by two sheet metal screws on the top. Remove them and the whole assembly will slide out like a drawer. From there you should be able to easily work on the removal and replacement of the blower motor. Take notes... go slow. Take pictures and label things. The whole process (one receiving the replacement motor) took me about 45 minutes and saved a ton of money.

No comments: